We all have our issues.
Being a girl is one of them (sorry to all the boys reading this). Every female I speak to has gut issues. To those who don’t, please tell me your secrets!
Recently I’ve been under a lot of stress. My body definitely took all the punches. My hair was falling out, my skin broke out into pimples and of course, I got seriously constipated. This resulted in me taking a whole lot of laxatives and a visit to the homeopath. Unfortunately, nothing helped. Fast forward a few months and I’m sitting with an obstruction! Being in the medical field, I immediately went to the Gastroenterologist, just to find out his first available appointment is only in 2 weeks. All I am thinking is “2 weeks! I cannot walk around another 2 weeks with a painful belly, being bloated and extremely gassy”
I decided to visit my nearest Wellness Warehouse. I know the ladies working there are very educated on all the products and I knew they would be able to help me. After chatting with them about my little (big) issue, their faces made me think that they do not have a solution for me. The ladies suggested that I do a detox. Another million things running through my mind, but I am honestly just so desperate – I will literally do anything to get my gut back on track!
The ladies suggested the Phyto-Force Phyto-Cleanse Detox Tea. Priced at only R106, it is not bad at all, especially compared to all the other detox products. This detox tea aims to not only detox your digestive tract, but also your liver, gallbladder, kidneys and lymphatic system. Below are the ingredients for the tea with some information regarding the ingredients:
- Boldo: used for digestive disorders, laxative, choleretic, diuretic and hepatic diseases. It has anti-inflammatory, antipyretic effects and possesses cytoprotective and antioxidant properties.
- Buchu: used to treat inflammation, kidney and urinary tract infections. Acts as a diuretic and stomach tonic.
- Fennel: aids in treating babies with colic (intestinal gas)
- Nettle: used for urinary and bladder problems. Treatment of eczema, allergies, and BPH. Assists with indigestion, nausea and excess gas. Lowers blood cholesterol levels and helps with blood pressure issues.
- Peppermint: treats IBS (irritable bowel syndrome), breastfeeding discomfort, heartburn, migraines and tension headaches.
- Senna: used as a laxative to treat constipation.
A lot of info there! If you guys have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask. As I am writing this blog, I am on my 3rd day of the detox and it has been amazing. On day 2, I could already see the bowel obstruction improving (not going into too much detail, but it’s good if you are constipated guys!)
How do I know if this detox is working though? Turn to Doctor Google, of course! I found this amazing website which tells you all about detox symptoms:
- “Different pooping habits” – enough said there!
- Strong body odour – hopefully, I won’t have that symptom, hubby will have to tell me if I start to smell funky.
- Swollen lymph nodes – lymph nodes are like a filter for your body and if you had a lot of toxins, having swollen lymph nodes are very normal.
- Allergies – a symptom which may arise when the immune system is fighting against the toxins.
There are many more symptoms, but I thought these were applicable to this specific detox. I haven’t had any serious symptoms as it’s basically just my tummy that really needs some detoxing.
I will be carrying on with this detox for about 2 weeks (as suggested) and then I will just stick to a paleo based diet. (Paleo post coming soon)
I hope you guys found this informative. Please leave a comment/suggestion!